Monday 21 October 2013

Exploratory Stage Summary

I've found the past 6 weeks very educating, it has helped me to understand the pathways; Fashion and textiles, graphics, 3DD, Lenses Based Media and what they are about but more importantly it has helped me to understand myself more. The first rotation my group had was fashion and textiles. I found fashion and textiles very enjoyable and fun I think this was due to the amount of practical activities we completed, I was actually quite shocked at how much I enjoyed fashion and textiles as I didn't think that it would be half as enjoyable as it was. My second rotation was 3DD; I would say this was this most practical of all the rotations due to the large scale objects that you make. What stood out for me was making then bridge out of cardboard and bamboo. I didn't think it was possible but I proved myself wrong. My third rotation was Graphics, when I came to Ravensbourne I thought that I would be choosing graphics as my pathway due to what I thought graphics included however in completing this rotation I learnt that it wasn't quite what I expected. I now know that graphics includes a lot of typography and not so much editing which wasn't what I expected. Although graphics was not what I expected it was still enjoyable experimenting with a lot of materials and doing a range of drawings. My final rotation was lenses based media I think that this was the most interesting of the rotations as it was in my interest. The stock motion animation that we created as a class was fantastic and I really enjoyed the photography side of the rotation. However what stood out for me and made me choose LBM as my pathway was the talks about what is included in this year and what it can lead on to in degree courses. I have a interest in video editing, film making, animation and music videos which are all possibilities in this pathway as oppose to the other pathways. I hope to explore all these areas within the year. The exploratory stage has helped me to know what I like and don’t like. It’s helped me to make a definite decision that I want to learn more about film making, video producing, video editing and that I want to pursue these areas as a career. If I had to summarise the exploratory stage in one word I would say its eye-opening and I would highly recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment